This recipe is sure to be a family favorite as it provides creamy and fluffy chicken and dumplings!
Fast and Easy Chicken and Dumplings
A classic family favorite.
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Chopper Carrots
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 1 Can Campbells Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Original Bisquick
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 Chicken Breast or Rotisserie Chicken
Steps for Dumplings
- In a 3 qt sauce pan, place 1.5 cup of milk, frozen peas, corn, carrots and can of soup.
- Heat to a boil over high heat. Stir frequently and then reduce temperature to a simmer
- In medium mixing bowl, pour 1/3 cup of milk into the bowl. Add the bisquick mix until a soft dough forms. (A little thinner than what it would come out of a tube as).
- Drop 6-9 spoon fulls of the dough into the the simmering mixture. Do not submerge the dumplings in the sauce pan liquid. As they start to rise, sprinkle the black pepper on the top.
- Let them simmer over low heat for 10 minuetes uncovered. Then, cover the pan and let them cook for another 8-10 minuits until the dumplings are cooked through. (You can test how well they are cooked by poking them with a toothpick).
Cooking the Chicken
- Prepare your desired way or use cut Rotisserie Chicken.
- Put your desired amount of chicken on the plate and cover it with a dumpling or two.
- You may need to add a little milk to the sauce if using a wide verse tall pan.
- Add or take out the vegetables as you choose.
- You can add the pre-cooked chicken into the sauce pan when you add the vegetable. If you do you will need a min. of 2 total cups of milk.